60188- Carol Stream, IL
Die Setters should be able to perform assigned setups of presses to ensure part is produced to specifications. Must be capable of setup, advanced programming and troubleshooting of compaction presses. Must possess knowledge of auxiliary equipment with the ability to modify programs as needed to meet production requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
· Perform tooling changeovers to automatic assembly machines and verify function, machine capabilities and conformance.
· Must be able to interpret blueprints in order to verify conformance of parts to prints using measuring instruments
· Must be able to interpret electrical schematics with strong troubleshooting skills with PLC controlled equipment.
· Experience with photo-electric, laser and proximity sensors. Set up and operate metalworking machines such as vertical mills, lathes, and surface grinders to fabricate or modify parts
· Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with coworkers and management.
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. High school diploma or equivalent.
· Mechanical / Electrical training. Certification or equivalent work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate in English is a must
- Ability to use and interpret all quality inspection equipment, including drop indicators, mics, and density measurement equipment
- Demonstrate outstanding mechanical skills
- Exhibit good leadership skills
- Demonstrate quality and safety consciousness
- Ability to communication clearly and effectively with others
- Fork lift certified or ability to be certified
Work Environment: the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to walk.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds.
Noise level in plant is moderate.
Hear protection required posted areas.
Safety Glasses required in manufacturing areas.
Shift: 4:30P-3:00P or 4:30P-1:30
Pay Rate: $15 an hr., but will pay more for experienced die setters.
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration!